Real estate and industry experts recommend spending 5% to 15% of your home’s value on a kitchen renovation.
Homeowners report spending between $16,402 and $45,618 or $97 to $326 per square foot.
Depending on the style, quality and scale of your kitchen renovation, you can expect to roughly spend:
- Minor Kitchen Renovation Cost: $15,000 to $20,000
- Mid-range Kitchen Renovation Cost: $20,000 to $45,000
- Major Kitchen Renovation Cost: $55,000+
$25,000 Kitchen Renovation Budget Breakdown
- Cost of a Condo Kitchen Renovation
Depending on what you decide to upgrade, you can expect to spend roughly $6,500-$26,000 on a condo kitchen renovation. Small is defined as 70 square feet or less.
- 10×10 Small Kitchen Renovation Costs
A 100 square foot kitchen qualifies as “small sized kitchen” and you should budget to spend roughly $19,500-$52,000 to renovate the space.
- 12×12 Kitchen Renovation Costs
This is close to the standard size kitchen which is usually between 150 and 175 square feet. Budget roughly $30,000 to $65,000 for a kitchen renovation this size.
- Large Kitchen Renovation Costs
A large kitchen is defined as being 200 square feet or more. Renovations for large kitchens tend to cost between $55,000 and $85,000.
- Luxury Kitchen Renovation Costs
Luxury and custom kitchens are not defined by size, but the quality of craftsmanship at attention to detail and materials. Upscale renovations can easily cost over $100,000.